GENIALLY PROJECT

Tutorial de Genially | 👨🏻‍💻 Raúl Diego 🚀

I have decided to carry out this task with my students of the 4th course of Primary Education. We have focused the projects with Genially on the topic that we are working on this unit: places to go on holidays. 

After we decided to focus on this topic, I organized the students in pairs, according to their mixed-abilities, and they decided to choose one place for holidays each. Then, the pupils chose to do a presentation of their place of holidays and what you can do if you go there. They have been working on these presentations for 3 sessions, and in the fourth session, they have presented it to the rest of the class. 

I decided to organize my pupils in pairs because they have shown a preference to work this way during the course. They like making decisions with their classmates and, as they are only 10 students in the class, it's better in pairs than in bigger groups. As for the timing, we dedicated three sessions to work on the computers creating the presentations because they feel confident enough to do it in that amount of time. However, I also counted on two extra sessions for this part of the task, in case some of the students needed them. Once the presentations were created, we only needed a session to expose them to the rest of the class.

My students counted on some extra materials to create the presentations: flashcards with the vocabulary, online resources such as dictionaries, and also the textbooks. Moreover, if they had any doubts, of course, they could count with my help. Here are some examples of the presentations of my students, as well as some pictures of them:

https://view.genial.ly/646a56b6b4dbe900112ccc50/presentation-presentacion-granja

https://view.genial.ly/646a4d9eb4dbe900112cb3d4/presentation-a-day-in-the-art-gallery

https://view.genial.ly/646a5fb63e7d3d00196792eb/presentation-presentacion-circo-vintage







Finally, I have arrived to the conclusion that using Genially with my students to create this kind of project was a grateful experience. My pupils have enjoyed working with this tool because they love working with new technologies and also, because they feel comfortable with the use of Genially, as they have used it before for other subjects. This meant an increase of the motivation and also the effort of my students to perform the task that was proposed. Also, allowing them to work in pairs was motivating for them, as they love group and pair activities. With this motivation, the objectives were achieved successfully, and for sure, I will repeat this experience with my students again, maybe changing the organization of pairs, but nothing else.

Thanks!


Comentarios